Sunday 13 May 2012

Message from Orchestra Leader Anna Cockroft - Baroque Masters - Recorder and Harpsichord Recital Saint Mary's Church, High St,.Totnes Friday 25 May Giacomo Puccini Madam Butterfly Exeter Northcott Sunday 22 July (and two repeats at Ugbrooke House)



Violinist - and Harpsichordist - Anna Cockroft


Hi Luch
Hope you are well.
Just thought I'd contact you about a couple of things!
The first one is about a concert I'm playing the harpsichord in on Friday 25th May in Totnes.

The programme is entitled 'Music from the Baroque Masters'
The players are Pam Canter (recorder and harpsichord),
Mary Eade (violin) ,
Vicky Evans (cello)
and me, Anna Cockroft, (harpsichord).

Pam will be accompanying Mary in Bach and Handel violin sonatas,
I'll be doing the honours in the trio sonatas!
Its at 7.30pm at St Mary's Church, High Street, Totnes on May 25.

Vicky has all the details ( vicky.evans@divertimento.uk.com )

Also I don't see New Devon Opera mentioned anywhere on your blog so thought I'd mention it!
(I play in the orchestra).

This year they are performing Madam Butterfly by Puccini at a number of venues
including the Northcott Theatre on Sunday July 22nd at 7pm.

There are also 2 performances at Ugbrooke House
(which has been the traditional venue from the beginning)
by kind permission of Lord and Lady Clifford in aid of Sense.
Dr Paul Foster is the musical director
and the chairman is Linda Hughes
linda@newdevonopera.co.uk .
I only mention the Ugbrooke House venue because it has a special atmosphere
(no doubt helped by the extra long interval for picnics in the park!).
I'm not involved in the running of it in any way, but just thought I'd let you know about it! Unfortunately most other concerts etc I'm involved in seem to be either in Somerset or Cornwall!
Look forward to seeing you somewhere soon!
Best wishes

Anna

Anna Cockroft

No comments:

Post a Comment